Today I took Jack and Presley to the petting zoo that Brilliant Sky toy store had set up in front (love that place). Jack was so adorable - of course he walked right into the animal pen like he owned it. He walked around greeting each animal, including the llama. But his real joy came when he saw the duck, who quickly headed for the hills when he saw Jack eagerly approaching saying "DUCKY DUCKY DUCKY!!!". I envisioned the petting zoo to be a challenge and prepared for a meltdown when it was time to leave or if an animal scared Jack (which one never has, so I don't know why I was worried about that) but I didn't even think that the real trouble would be when we had to leave the toy store itself and all of the toys behind. Foolish me - when it was time to go while I tried putting Jack back into the stroller while reassuring him that we would go to the front and "buy" the Elmo doll that he was holding to try and quell his shrieking. Of course I quickly realized that everything a one and a half year old touches just somehow becomes theirs...they don't understand the concept of buying it so that they get to keep it...it's just theirs since they are holding it. So my bribery meant nothing to him and we were finally able to make a bit less of a scene when the owner came over and attempted to entertain Jack. Other customers joined in as well and were all lifesavers. I received no "shut that kid up" judgemental looks...just sympathy for myself and Presley as well who was also crying because Jack was jostling the stroller around so much. Since somewhere in the meltdown I had desperately promised him ice cream (that's my excuse and I am sticking to it)...we went next door to ZoYo the new make-your-own sundae bar that just opened and I made Jack an amazing sundae...with mostly toppings and little ice cream. I never imagined Jack to look so cute eating a gummy worm! After all of this he was so tired, he fell asleep eating his dinner and went to bed at 6:30. Oh my little Pookie...never a dull moment. It was all worth it to watch him with the animals and all of the toys he could get his little hands on all at once!
Weston Ross Hill
14 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment